TROMP SCIENTIFIC AWARD 2017
The International Society of Biometeorology presents the Tromp Scientific Award to the young scientist who has developed the most meaningful peer-reviewed manuscript over the past three years prior to each International Congress. The Tromp Scientific Award is sponsored by the Dutch Foundation for Biometeorological Research and awarded by the International Society of Biometeorology. The Tromp Scientific Award consists of a cheque for $US1000 and travel expenses (return economy air fare + accommodation + congress fees) to the International Congress of Biometeorology in 2017 (September 3-7).
Application and decision procedure for the award to be given in 2017:
- The Tromp Scientific Award will be awarded to a scientist not older than 35 years of age at the deadline for applications (see below) for an excellent scientific paper in the field of biometeorology.
- The nominee must be a member of the International Society of Biometeorology for 2017.
- The paper has to be published in an international peer-reviewed journal with the nominee as first author.
- The paper has to be published between the deadline for applications of the previous Tromp Scientific Award (17 March 2014) and this Tromp Scientific Award (see below).
- The nomination may be made by the young scientist him/herself or by others working in the field of biometeorology.
- The nomination needs to be accompanied by the PDF of the published scientific paper, Curriculum Vitae, and publication list.
- Nominations must be submitted electronically by email to the Society Secretary, Dr. Jonathan Hanes at email@example.com.
- Deadline for the application is 5pm CDT on Monday, 20 March 2017.
- The application material will be distributed to all members of the Tromp Scientific Award Committee.
- By 17 April 2017 every member of the Tromp Scientific Award Committee will have compiled a ranked list of the entries.
- The award will be given to the candidate with the best overall ranking.
- The awardee will be notified by 30 April 2017 at the latest and will be invited to the Durham congress.
Dr. Mark D. Schwartz